Had chest congestion, have lightheadedness, taking Z pac and Mucinex.

I have had chest congestion. Now, I also have lightheadedness. (I'm on a "Z" pac and Mucinex.)
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 32 minutes later

From your query I can understand you have a respiratory tract infection.

I am sorry but I could not understand what type of information you are looking for regarding your problem.

It would be great if you could get back to me with a specific question so that I can suggest you better.

For the time being for chest congestion and light headedness you can try steam inhalation 4 times a day along with salt water gargling 3 to 4 times a day.

Please continue with your current medications as the antibiotic will help resolve things faster.

You will notice an appreciable improvement in your symptoms by the end of two days.

It does take a couple of days for the drugs to act so you need to be patient.

Please do continue to take both Z-pack and mucinex.

If you have wheezing in addition to chest congestion then you might need some nebulization, for this you would have to visit your nearest hospital/clinic.

Hope I have answered your query. It would be great if you can get back to me with additional information and a specific question so that I can address your concerns more effectively.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.