Had chemical pregnancy twice with positive HPT. Having periods with severe pain and bleeding. Feeling weak. Is it necessary to go for IUI?

Excellent
Question
Hi Doctor
I am 28 years old. TTC for 8 months.Had chemical pregnancy twice with positive HPT but passed out clots in 43 days both. My cycles and scans are of no problem. Now had SA done for hubby and found 26 million count and 70% morphologicaly abnormal. Doctor gave him Oligocare and me Ovacare. How long will this take to give result? Recently I felt like I got pregnant but got periods on time but with severe pain and bleeding for 7 days as opposed to the usual 2.5 days. I also feel like I have become very weak and unhealthy after we started TTC. Will the abnormal sperms cause any damage to my system if we continue to try without treating him fully? Cant we go for IUI directly? Will IUI remove the abnormal sperm? Please advise.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Multivitamin and antioxidents improve sperm motili

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I have understood your query, let me answer it separately:
octor gave him Oligocare and me Ovacare. How long will this take to give result? These medicines are multivitamins with antioxidents, many studies have shown improvement in semen analysis after 2 to 3 months of treatment. So I advise your husband to take these medicines for minimum 2 months.

I am not able to figure out what TTC tablets mean? I guess it to be clomiphene citrate tablets, then you don't have to take these tablets for so many months, its an ovulation induction drug, which is usually given after thorough evaluation.

Will the abnormal sperms cause any damage to my system if we continue to try without treating him fully? usually abnormal sperms do not help in getting pregnant. Only healthy motile sperms will fuse with ovum.

Cant we go for IUI directly? Its better to reevaluate after 2-3 months after the treatment, hope this will improve your husband sperm motility.
Will IUI remove the abnormal sperm? Yes it does, usually most of the immotile and abnormal sperms are removed during IUI preparation.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had chemical pregnancy twice with positive HPT. Having periods with severe pain and bleeding. Feeling weak. Is it necessary to go for IUI? 10 hours later
Thanks a lot for your response. It was helpful.

TTC (Trying to conceive) Apologies for the confusion.

Please help me with these additional questions also.

1. Can the morphology be a reason for over spilling out of the semen? I am really worried about this and now since the count is not as high as normal this worries me more. Any methods to minimise this?

2. If only the healthy and motile sperm fused, what causes a chemical pregnancy or blighted ovum?

3. Along with Oligocare, there are Metrogyl 400 and DOXT-S is also prescribed for 2 weeks. Please advise uses of these also.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Morphology and overspilling are not interrelated

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
1. Can the morphology be a reason for over spilling out of the semen? NO
I am really worried about this and now since the count is not as high as normal this worries me more. Any methods to minimise this? Your husband needs to take those multivitamin and antioxident tablets for minimum of 2 -3 montha for the improvement in semen parameters.
2. If only the healthy and motile sperm fused, what causes a chemical pregnancy or blighted ovum? Though they are healthy and motile sperms, there could be some minor genetic abnormalities for example translocations or deletion of few chromosomes, which can cause blighted ovum or missed abortion.

3. Along with Oligocare, there are Metrogyl 400 and DOXT-S is also prescribed for 2 weeks. Please advise uses of these also.---These drugs are antibiotics, its mainly used if the doctor suspected infection in testis or epididimys which can in turn leads to abnormal sperms. He can safely continue these drugs.

If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW