Had chemical pregnancy and experienced LH surge after taking Prometrium. Could I get pregnant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
If i had a chemical pregnancy 9/17 and experience lh surge on opk today after taking prometrium cd 13-15 100 mgx 2 could i get pregnant today?
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. S Patra 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YOU CAN TRY FOR PREGNANCY AS PER OPK.

Detailed Answer:

First of all, if you have gotten your period following chemical pregnancy, then you can definitely try for pregnancy.

Second thing, ovulation occurs 24-36 hrs after LH surge. If OPK indicates LH surge today, then you have to do unprotected sex regularly for consecutive 5 days to maximize the chance of pregnancy.

Lastly, you can take Prometrium on CD 13-15 and try for successful conception. However, you should eliminate predisposing factors of chemical pregnancy.

Hope, it helps for your information. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health. Good luck.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
WWW.WWWW.WW