Had chaffing on inner thighs. No puss or blood. Sign of herpes?

About a week ago I had a patch of chaffing on my inner thighs. It was a patch of dry skin which was irritated from my jeans. After the dry skin pealed off the area began to produce blisters. These blisters were about the size of a dime to the size of a quarter, the were raised approx 2 millimeters and were painful around the edges. When they popped (from rubbing on my pants) they held only water with no puss or blood. After the first ones popped more seemed to appear in the area, but still on the same leg. I am nervous that this could be a sign of a herpes outbreak but have never had symptoms before. I have not been tested for herpes and have not been sexually active for the past year. The progression of the chaffing--> blisters---> spread of blisters over the past week seems odd and I am curious if this is common due to the heat (it has been 35C for the past week) and sweat while wearing tight new jeans?
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

Based on the information provide it seems like you are having contact dermatitis, which is kind of allergy to some substance like cloth , metal. I think chaffing might had lead to it.

Definitely heat can make blisters worst. Wearing tight clothes will also make it worst, I will recommend you not to were tight clothes, some thing like skirt which gives you enough room will be needed get it heel faster.

I don't think its herpes still, I would like you to have it tested to be on safe side.

I would recommend you to see local doctor as the blisters are spreading as well as increasing in size.

Please feel free to contact me in case of further concerns.