Had cesarean delivery. Having irritation and itching in Vagina. What to do?

I am having irritation and itching in Vagina.
I am 30 yrs old, have a baby and delivery was caesarean.
I dont know what to do?
I have consulted doctor but the device they use to test me internally is a metal clip kind of. Its very painful for me to go through that test.
Is there any other way of doing this test and to find out what has happened to me?
Please advice. I have done the Pap smear as well its also very painfull. after the test i cannot stand on my feet.
I get cramps in the night in my lower abdomen.
Please help me.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 48 minutes later
Your symptoms are indicating towards fungal vaginitis.
However to be confirm it is a basic necessity to do local examination that is your doctor was trying to do with cusco's speculum.
Now collect your pap smear report ( screening test to rule out any pathogen in your vagina)& consult your doctor to get treatment according to pathogen detected in pap smear.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.

Follow-up: Had cesarean delivery. Having irritation and itching in Vagina. What to do? 1 hour later
No the test wasnt complete as it was painful....i was not able to complete the test.
I was crying with pain is thr any other way of doing this test. Please advice.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 34 minutes later
Welcome back.
To get relief of itching & irritation, you would have to tolerate some pain.
Now you can do one thing- get high vaginal swab culture sensitivity done to confirm whether causative agent is fungal or bacterial.
In this test a thin swab stick is inserted in vagina to collect the sample & then it is sent to lab.
It is a painless procedure & I hope you will get it done.
I think your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.

Dr.Monika Choudhary