Had cerebral iskemia and slurring speech. MRI showed infection in right brain stem. Under medication. Have abdominal pain. Precautions?

I am 55 , Ihad a cerebral iskemia in 3rd week of April this year and had slurring speech plus my left limbs were not taking command MRI report had shown infaction in right brain stem my BP at that time was 190/130 I was in ICU for 4 days and then under observation for a week presently I feel better and I am under medication initially I was adviced Telma 40 twice daily , Homocheck twice daily , Atorva 10 , Stalopam 5 , De Platt A 150 , Amlodac 5 , Ecosprin one tab daily alongwith Pentacid and after my BP has become almost stable at 130/90 I have been advised Telma 40 twice daily and DePlatt A150 , Atorva 10 , Amlodac 5 , Rablet D , Methycobal 500 mg I have pain in abdomen at times seems like gastric and I sleep has shorten to 5 hors instead of 7 hours after the illness I have have been advised to drink enough liquid to avoid dehydration . I had been active in sports in past but I have stopped all sporting activities out of fear can I undertake my regular spots like playing tennis , badminton , swimming and golf now . What precautions are adviced besides restrictions in my food I have stopped consuming fried , butter , oil and salt or can normal diet be taken again .
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Cerebral infarct is an acute event and the medications that you are taking currently are basically for preventing any further attacks. Its good that you have altered your diet according to the requirement.
Regarding playing rigorous sports, its very much advisable for you to be physically active. Start with mild walking and then gradually increase to the more vigorous sports. The usual precautions of going slow on exercise advised for cardiac problems are not required for cerebral ischemia.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.