Had cataract surgery. Visual field are significantly larger. Concerned?

69 yr old male 3 days post-op cataract surgery on right eye. Objects in visual field are significantly larger as per a magnifying glass and wavy in nature. Am taking XXXXXXX for BPH but had informed opthamalogist about this because of possible side effects. Have follow-up on Wed. but am very concerned regarding this condition. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 8 hours later

Minor changes in visual perception with regards to brightness, magnification and colour saturation are common after cataract surgery. This is due to the intraocular lens which is placed inside your eye. Also it will take about a week for your vision to stabilize. As of now you should follow strictly the instructions given by your doctor. By the next followup visit all your concerns will be cleared by your doctor.
I will be available to answer any further queries, if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah
Follow-up: Had cataract surgery. Visual field are significantly larger. Concerned? 30 hours later
5 days post-op and no change. could lens be too powerful , and if so what are the options? follow-up with opthamologist tomorrow,what should I ask? thank you
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 14 minutes later

Thanks for replying back. I think you should give it some time. Ask the doctor about the magnifying effect. There is no need to do anything drastic.

Dr.Mihir Shah