Had cancer tumor removed from the frontal lobe. Found lump on forehead. Related to surgery?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
my husband had neurosurgy 2 months ago. He had a cancer tumor removed from the right frontal lobe.
This morning he woke uo with a soft lump on his forehead very near the scar. This is outside the skull. Does this have to do with the surgery?
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 41 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
If this is soft and if his skull was closed directly nad there is was no skull defect after surgery then this is probably haematoma or seroma formation which isnt uncommon after any surgical procedure. It is also possible that he hit his head while sleeping. In every case it shouldnt concern you, it should pull back in a few days, he can put some cold water or ice on it. But it is important to know if you notice any sign of infection, pus formation,redness around it or fever you must visit a doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help