Had c section done. Feeling pain in abdomen. Diagnosed as hernia. What does this mean?

I have had a c section 15 months ago but very now and then I feel a twang of pain in the right bottom part of my abdomen ( not near the stitches). I have had an ultrasound doe and they have ruled out hernia. What could ths possibly be due to?
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 14 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
If you have the symptom once in week or so it is fine and not worry.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
Symptoms are suggestive of either appendicitis or colitis.
Course of antibiotic can be tried, if the appendicitis is suspected most of the surgeon go appendectomy that is removal of appendix.
I advice you to see the surgeon for examination and for exact diagnosis. After confirming the diagnosis the next best step can be taken.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Had c section done. Feeling pain in abdomen. Diagnosed as hernia. What does this mean? 1 hour later
Thanks doctor! I thought I'll give you a little more info to get a better idea......this pain comes once every 2-3 mnths and is a dull ache in the abdomen which tends to increase when I do some slightly vigorous exercise or exert pressure on that area while getting up etc. it feels like a stretching sort of pain. About 3-4 mnths after my c section it was quite bad and I went in for a course of antibiotics after which it stopped for a few months. I have also noticed that it gets aggravated when have some sortof stomach infection. What should be the course of action one should take in such a case.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 32 minutes later
Good to hear from you.
I don't think you need to worry about. Once in 2 to 3 month it is fine. It might be related to food habit or may be some sort of muscle spasm (as you have mentioned it aggravates after exercise)
I advice you when the pain occurs, apply analgesic gel if there is improvement it is due to muscle spasm.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.