Had c-section. Having dull pain on the same area after lifting weight. Now?

Dull pain near old c-section scarI have had 2 c-sections, last one about 4 years ago. Recently went on a trip to Disney, where I was repeatedly picking up my 43-lb 4 year old, for longer intervals than I usually do! When we got back, I noticed a dull pain around my c-section scar, plus intercourse has been painful. I am wondering if I pulled something on my recent trip? Now the pain is travelling around to my lower back.
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 46 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
1. Incisional hernia needs to be checked for as a cause of pain in the scar area. Physical examination is a must.
2. Pain during sex may be due to lubrication issue. Use KY jelly or coconut oil as lubricant to see if that work.
3. Low back pain seems muscular to me, following lifting your child. Muscle relaxant tablets, gels and warm application should work.
Hope this helps. Kindly write back for doubts if any.
Best regards