Had bypass surgery followed by swelling and pus from wound. Done another surgery but wound not healing. Cause?

Cardiac Surgeon
I underwent an bypass surgery in one of the reputed hospital on 20th XXXXXXX 2013. After two months swelling and puss started coming out from my wound and my surgeon advised to go for another operation to remove wire which were holding my rib bones. As per advise I have done the surgery. But the wound is not healing even after one month of operation, and now been advised to undergo another operation in a couple of days after. Being in India and here the doctors are not that transparent or accountable, I seek your XXXXXXX opinion about my medical situation.

Thans and Regards,
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ravindra Setty B.R. 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
I am sorry to hear about your wound.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,
Check the reports. Wound infection after heart surgery happens sometime even in the best of hands and hospitals. It needs to be attended at the center were the first operation was done as they know the patient and the wound best. It may require multiple operations to get rid of the infection. The bone called sternum below the skin, which was cut, during the surgery is usually the cause.
Please be patient with the treating doctors for the control of the wound infection.
Wishing you speedy recovery.
dr XXXXXXX setty.a