Had bumps on head after using hair dye, came back after taking finaflex 1-andro body building supplement. What?

Basically, a couple months ago I used a strong hair XXXXXXX that didn't agree with me and I got nickel and dime-sized bumps all over my head. They eventually went away. I just started taking a body building supplement called Finaflex 1-Andro and seem to notice bumps on my head are coming back. I'm not positive if it's because of the supplements but it could be. I'm not sure how a supplement could do that though. Anyway, if you look at my head, it looks like nothing's there but you can clearly feel bumps and it has me a bit worried. What do you think this could be?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 34 minutes later

The product you are referring to i.e Finaflex 1-Andro, is an anabolic product which effects the testosterone level and metabolism in the body.

Now, in hair follicles testosterone is converted to di-hydro testosterone and hair fall is linked to testosterone metabolism.

More the testosterone, more the male patten baldness- which can also be seen in females with high testosterone.

A bump in the head after consuming Finaflex 1-Andro might be due to collection of metabolites of the testosterone in the hair bulb area on the scalp where their metabolism is hindered as the product prevents catabolic pathway where the metabolism should normally go.

Its a highly scientific, molecular mechanism and beyond the scope of the discussion.

Your symptoms should subside on stopping the product.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Had bumps on head after using hair dye, came back after taking finaflex 1-andro body building supplement. What? 7 hours later
Okay, so, I just wanted to be sure, it's nothing serious that I'd need to see someone about if I did continue taking the product?
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 10 hours later
Thanks for reverting.

You can take the product for a considerable time period.
Take lots of fluids and get your kidney function tests monitored every 6 months.
I hope I have answered your question. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra