Had bumps on breast. Infected area get inflamed with wound. How to get rid of this?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have large breasts. About 6-7 months ago I had a red tender bump appear on the side of my left breast, I squeezed it and it drained somewhat similar to a boil but underneath the bump. The bump went away but the skin where the bump was came off, and created what can I only describe an small round open wound, it is flesh colored underneath and white discharge (similar to a blackhead) comes out between what looks like the two layers of skin. It is slight inflamed today because I think it was pinched by my bra while exercising but normally both layers are flesh colored and it is about the size of a pencil eraser, should I be worried? How can I get it to close?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 29 minutes later
Thank you for your query. According to your history and the clinical pictures you have attached, it looks like a boil or an infected cyst. There is some inflammation associated with it and it might still contain some pus or infected material.
It will be better if you get it drained by a surgeon. Once the infection has subsided, he can then remove the whole lesion. You will also need to take a course of antibiotics to reduce the inflammation.

I hope I have answered all your questions. Please feel free to ask me any other questions related to this problem.