Had brown clear discharge and light blood. Had Ultrasound for pregnancy. Findings?

Ii had brown clr discharge & light blood for 2 mins. My ultrasound report- intrauterine pregnancy of 5.3 wk with minimal fluid in endometrical canal. MSD- 13 mm
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Delayed conception

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I can understand your present situation. I am sorry to say your bleeding episode is not a good sign considering your scan report. But, as the scan says there is pregnancy of 5.3 weeks, but no fetal pole or yolk sac, and your scan has not mentioned anything regarding DECIDUAL REACTION, SAC UNIFORMITY AND LOCATION (means it is not low lying). I presume all these things are normal hence not been mentioned in your scan report.
So there can be two possibilities:
1)Delayed conception: means you need to wait for 10-14 days and repeat the scan to check if there is foetal components.
2)Failing pregnancy
Kindly be optimistic and continue taking folic acid and nutritious diet. If you were to be my patient I would have advised you Natural micronised progesterone also. With adequate rest the bleeding episode might stop completely and hopefully the pregnancy might continue. Also please do not think too much and take stress, as it could cause adverse effect on your pregnancy.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Follow-up: Had brown clear discharge and light blood. Had Ultrasound for pregnancy. Findings? 26 minutes later
Doctor had advised me- sustane 300, duphistone 10 n daflon 500 all twice a day and folic acid once daily and corion 500 injection twice a werk and complete rest
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
All these medicines are safe

Detailed Answer:

Kindly continue all the medications. Susten, duphastone are progesterone supplementation, Daflon is a multivitamin and antioxident and Corion is HCG injection---all these medications are safe during pregnancy. Even you take these medications you need to repeat the pregnancy scan after 2weeks. All the best for your pregnancy.

Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!