Had bronchitis took amox. Having morning cough and green sputen with back pain. What could be the cause?

Hi - I had bronchitis a month ago and saw the doctor; took amox. for 5 days and it cleared up, but I've had a morning cough and just a little lime-green sputem since then. For the past week, I've had a pain in the center of my back, just to the left of my shoulder blade. My girlfriend, an LMT, has been trying to massage it out for the past few days and while it feels better, it hasn't gone away. She says she can feel the knots and that it must be muscular because it hurts when she works on it.
Today, I feel listless and a little disoriented. No fever. I've been trying to lose weight this year and I've been losing just a little bit faster than usual --- not shedding pounds but just losing a little more rapidly than usual.
Should I be concerned? What could it be?
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am really sorry to hear about your pain and agony.

As you have told that you are a patient of ulcerative colitis and it complications known as diverticulitis and appendicitis

You must have taken Asacol and steroids for UC, with antibiotics on and off for appendcitis + UC
Your immunity is very high but is dysregulated so you need extra of antibiotics for extra days than other patients.

As you have told you had pain at back inbetween your shoulder blades with mild green sputum and cough, that means partial eradication of bronchitis or pneumonia for which you took 5 days treatment, feeling weak , mild disorientation all are signs of remanant infection in your lung with back ache.

In bronchitis/pneumonia , cough is the last symptom to go away.
I would recommend nothing to worry about and this back pain with all other symptoms are not related to your UC but to take antibiotics and bronchodilators for additional 7 days with steam with a simple chest xray and EKG.

I hope, I was helpful to your query, any further follow ups are welcome and I will be happy to answer them.
Take care XXXXXXX