Had bronchitis. Having burning pain in chest, using inhaler for asthma. What could be the reason for swollen jaw?

Had bronchitis 2 months ago. After antibiotics, never felt like I was fully over it. In the last few weeks, I have had what seems to be allergic onset of asthma, although it does not feel the same as it did when I was a child, and is accompanied by other symptoms. Could it be allergies, a continued infection, or a combination of things? In the last few weeks, have pain in lungs, and episodes of burning in upper chest which progresses and I have trouble breathing, which is also accompanied sometimes by dizziness and at its worst, a sensation that I may pass out, but I don't actually feel like I will black out. I think it is just anxiety due to the breathing difficulty and dizziness which make me feel very uneasy. Recently tried an inhaler for asthma, but little or no relief. Drinking lots of fluids, no caffeine or alcohol, and extra sleep sometimes helps. The "asthma" symptoms are not accompanied by a feeling of a need to cough, and no phlem in chest to expel when I do cough, which hurts and may cause additional dizziness. Also with these episodes, glands under jaw seem a bit swollen, and neck feels swollen and stiff, as well as sometimes mild pain and fullness around the ears. Have had varying tinnitus in both ears for months which sometimes becomes worse along with the asthma like episodes.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking onto your query I would like to tell you that it will be very difficult to say that just by history that either this is allergy , infection or both . But still we can discuss . You need to get your allergy testing done and avoid the irritants thus determined . Get a Serum IgE level done , it is raised in allergic conditions . Get a CBC done if counts are raised they are suggestive of infection . One thing more get yourself evaluated for GERD as you have burning sensation in chest as sometimes it will also lead to similar symptoms . Since you say glands are swollen that can be due to persisting infection and may be both components are active in you . People who are allergic are also prone to infections concommitently . Take care. Dr. Shruti