Had breast augmentation. Saline implant leaked and is empty. No pain and trauma. What to do further?
User rating for this question
I had breast augmentation in 1997. two months ago the left (saline) implant leaked - and is empty. It seems to have been a slow leak. No fall or trauma. No pain. I'm 54 years of age. Not able to afford more surgery. Any contra-indications to leaving a wrinkled, empty bag in my breast?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Better removed. Risk of infection by organisms. Detailed Answer: Hello, It is better to remove the ruptured implant as soon as possible. Ruptured saline implants is not as XXXXXXX as Ruptured silicone implants. Usually a ruptured saline implant is harmless, unless the saline contains bacteria, mold, or fungus, which can happen inside a woman’s body. If you get fever or Flu like symptoms or rash, immediately consult your Primary care physician. Because you may get infection and antibiotics may be needed. Please consult your plastic surgeon for explantation of ruptured saline implants. Hope this helps, Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Breast implants vs breast augmentation
- Motilium tablets 10mg
- What causes sexual nervousness and how is it treated
- Breast augmentation types of implants
- Pinched nerve breast augmentation pain
- I am getting anxiety attacks due to nervousness
- Reglan 10mg tablets
- What is the solution for depression
- Chest pain after breast augmentation
- Amlodipine 10mg tablets
- Penicillin vk tablets
- What treatment should i undergo for psoriasis
- Donepezil 10mg tablets
- Arm pain after breast augmentation
- Is it still typhoid