Had brazilian wax at unhygienic place. Should I be worried for HIV or STD?

Good evening. Today I had a Brazilian wax and a new place. I didn't notice until she was done that she was using a metal applicator and kept rediping it in the wax. I have no idea how many people she used that metal applicator on or redipped in the wax. The place wasn't the cleanest. Should I be worried that I have HIV or and other STD.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 40 minutes later
I do not think you are at increased risk for any STD or HIV Transmission.
HIV spreads through sexual contact, blood transfusion, needle injections or from mother to baby. STDs spread through all the above means and also by direct skin to skin contact.
As none of the above modes of transmission was involved in your case, you need not worry. But next time be sure that you get waxing done at a hygienic place.

Hope that helped.