Had brain hemorrhage. Declared brain dead. On ventilator. Other vital organs working. Suggest?

Nov 2013

One of my friends is declared brain dead. He has a brain hammerage and blood seepage at four places for which he got operated. Today almost more than 60 hours has passed but his brain is not responding. He is in ventilator @ 40% post operation. His all other vital organs are working normally. BP is normal , Kidney/lungs r normal. His pulse rates varies from 65-80 . Request advice what are the chances of recovery hereā€¦
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A brain dead person can not recover

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

It is unfortunate that your friend has suffered brain hemorrhage and did not improve despite surgery.

A brain dead person can not recover, as it is irreversible. It is a matter of time, when all other organs including kidneys, liver and heart would fail.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog:

Follow-up: Had brain hemorrhage. Declared brain dead. On ventilator. Other vital organs working. Suggest? 26 hours later
Dear Doctor,

Thanks for the reply.. you are correct tdy after ventilator was set off he survived for XXXXXXX 5 min & collapsed. I am sorry o inform that he is not more with us & took his last breath around 12 noon..

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for sharing

Detailed Answer:
May his soul rest in peace...

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM