Ask a Urologist   »  

Had boil on penis, cured. Shall i worry as HIV or other STDs?

Question
hi my name is XXXXXXX few days ago i have a biol in my sex panise, after 2 days it is completely cure. can i worried for this. for HIV or other
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 22 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I understand your health concern.

You have provided with good information but I would like to know a few more things as this would help me in suggesting you better. Please do answer the following:

1. Please let me know your brief sexual history. Also history of recent exposure to any sexually transmitted diseases. Any history of having unsafe sexual intercourse.

2. Please do let me know about any pre-existing medical conditions like Diabetes, skin diseases etc.

I would then be able to give you specific suggestions. Till then, you will have to be careful of the healed boil, lest it had history of bleeding. In which case, you will have to undergo certain tests.

Do not worry about HIV or other Sexually transmitted diseases now. But, these are certainly the questions about the sexual history without which proper guidance is not possible.

For now, keep the area clean, wash with plenty of soap and water. And keep observing the nature of the boil skin area.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,

Follow-up: Had boil on penis, cured. Shall i worry as HIV or other STDs? 22 hours later

Ans:i am a married person with 4 yrs of relation ship with my wife, i have a 1.5 old yrs kid, only sex and intercourse with my wife in my life, some times do hand job, physically i have no problem till this age, but skin pimples are coming some times, a little pimples is coming on my upper screen near to sex hair area not inner side, after 2 days its is cure, before this a same type pimples is coming in before 4-5 yrs back and also that pimples is also cure in 2-3 days, without any medicine.

Ans: some skin diseases like: pimple, itching, and other thing no diabetic no other thing

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 24 hours later

Thanks for your answers.

If your main worry is about HIV and Sexually Transmitted diseases, with your description and yet in monogamous relationship, there is no such possibility. You can wipe out those fears from your mind.

Else you continue the measures which I mentioned in my earlier reply for a week.

Visit a doctor if you have generalized weakness, associated fever and body pains. It is important to check for pus discharge from the penis which indicates an infection.

Hope this answers your query.

wishing you good health.

Dr. Sujeet