Had body massage with unprotected hand job. No vaginal or anal contact. Is there chance for HIV?

Question
I had a body massage followed by a unprotected handjob.The lady was fully clothed and there was no other contact such as vaginal,anal or oral.Is there a chance of contracting HIV? Do I need to to get myself tested for HIV?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 22 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole) and am glad to address to your query here.

No. There is no such possibility.
HIV is transmitted through (broken) skin and mucosal contacts with infected secretions/ spillage.
If you deny such intimate contact, HIV transmission is unexpected.
If you had any past high-risk behavior with exposure, get yourself tested, otherwise not.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
Good Luck!

It helps us to improve continuously if you could please write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!

Follow-up: Had body massage with unprotected hand job. No vaginal or anal contact. Is there chance for HIV? 1 hour later
Thanks for the response.What is exactly meant by mucosal contact? I did not notice any wound/felt broken skin on the hands of the masseur and certainly not on my penis.The massage oil was used for both body massage and handjob on penis without condom.

This means that I have almost zero risk of contracting HIV? Can I have sex with my regular partner without fear of any HIV risk?

Can you please reconfirm for my satisfaction.

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Mucosa is the inner lining of body cavities and tubes like mouth, stomach and bowels, urinary tract etc.
You did not have any such exposure.
You can have relationship with your partner if you had no prior high risk exposure.
For mutual benefit, please use protection when being intimate.