Had blunt trauma to the back, spine and hip bone. Red bruise appeared with no pain. Remedy?

I had blunt trauma to the back, left of spine and above hip bone.Two weeks ago. All soft tissue.Had large bruise. It is getting better except swollen area that is red and has a rough feel to it.No associated pain. Xray no broken bone.
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 18 minutes later

I think the medications *the blood thinners) you are on might have contributed to the large bruise. A bruise may take around 15 days or more to improve. Was an ultrasound done to rule out any XXXXXXX bleed because of the trauma? If so please update me with the report. Meanwhile, warm compresses at the affected site can help expedite healing.

Follow-up: Had blunt trauma to the back, spine and hip bone. Red bruise appeared with no pain. Remedy? 11 hours later
The bruise is not the problem. It is going away slowly. The problem is the red swollen area adjacent to the bruise. It is staying the same size and red. The skin over this is rough. (not an abrasion ) It is about 6 inches wide by 3 inches tall.
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for your reply.

If it developed after the trauma, it is likely to be related to the trauma. Perhaps this may be an XXXXXXX hematoma or localised inflammation or a growth there.

Careful physical examination by a doctor can help us identifying the exact pathology. If the spot is large and causing pain, I would request for an ultrasound examination of the affected area.

You should also try icing the affected area for faster recovery.

Hope this helps.