Had blown appendix. Turned out to be cancer. Noticed pain due to scar tissue. Treatment?

Hi Dr. I had a blown appendix 8.5 years ago that turned out to be cancer. Lately, I've been have what I believe is pain from the scar tissue. Is there any tx for this? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain medications

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this surgery and the recent pains fro the scar tissue.

The best management would be simple pain medications like a combination of Ibuprofen and paracetamol at appropriate doses for 5days. If the pains should become too severe or fail to regress, then you may need to consult with your doctor for further investigation and treatment.

I hope this helps and relief you of your pain. Thank you for using our services and I do wish you well in all your endeavors.
Dr. Ditah, MD