Had blood while urinating from lesion in scrotum. How to stop bleeding?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
THIS MORNING , AS I STOOD TO URINATE, I SAW A SMALL STREAM OF BLOOD DRIP FROM A LESION IN MY SCROTUM. FOR A LONG TIME, YEARS, I HAVE HAD A FEW BLOOD-PUSTULES ON MY SCROTUM. T HEY SEEM OFTENTIMES TO BE VERY ITCHY, FILLED WITH BLOOD.
I RECALL THAT MANY YEARS AGO, I SCRAPED AND BROKE ONE OF THE BLISTERS AND ELIMINATED THE ITCHING. I BUT HAVE NO PAIN.
HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING NOW?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apply Pressure bandage and stop Warfarin .

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Based on the facts that you have posted you have bleeding from the scrotum most likely to be due to injured capillary hemangioma that you have on your scrotum since a long time.

You are taking Warfarin for cardiac problems. Warfarin is an anticoagulant and delays clotting of the blood resulting into prolonged bleeding from any injured surface.
I think you should withhold Warfarin for few more days. Consult your doctor regarding this.
Apply pressure bandage to the scrotum for 6 hours.

I think this will help to stop the bleeding.
Consult your cardiologist before you restart taking Warfarin.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you.

Dr. Patil.