Had blood test done for fever. Need help in reading the report. Is the white cell count in normal range?

Jun 2015

hi sir, my name is XXXXXX(men 27 years) i am working as softwareengineer,
Yesterday i went to hospital with fever then doctor take a blood test, in my blood result haemoglobin count is 14.8%,and total leucocyte count is 8700mm,neutrophils 72%,lymphocytes 26%, eosinophils02%,monocytes 00%, Basophils 00%, pcv 44.08%,mcv 87.8%,mch 29 %, mchc 33% plt.count 2.10lacs/cumm, p/s for mp is not seen. this is the my blood result, i am afraid about my white cells please clarify and give any suggestions sir,
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 35 minutes later

I have gone through the blood investigation report as attached with your post.

Hemoglobin concentration is 14.8%, within normal range.
Total Leucocyte Count is 8700 which is within normal range (Normal range being 4000-0000)
Neutrophil 72%
Lymphocyte 26%,
Eosinophils 02%
Monocyte 00%,
Basophil 00%

Increase in White Blood Cells count indicates presence of infection.
But, as all the WBC parameters are within normal limits, presence of infection is ruled out.

P/S for MP: not seen. It rules out Malaria in your blood.

So, all the parameters are within normal limits.
There is no need to worry.
The fever can be controlled by taking antipyretics like Paracetamol.

However, diagnosis of any condition is not given only on the basis of investigation reports.
Appropriate management is initiated after taking proper history, conducting a physical examination & then co-relating the findings with investigation reports.

So, kindly XXXXXXX your treating physician & discuss regarding the same.

Wishing you a good health.

Please let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks and take care.
Follow-up: Had blood test done for fever. Need help in reading the report. Is the white cell count in normal range? 1 hour later
thanks for quick reply, and i have one more question i am always suffering with hair loss and snoring from last three years, is there any blood relation for these causes, if yes what i have to do..?
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 46 minutes later

Thanks for your follow up query.

1. Hair loss can be caused due to various reasons like Genetics, Environmental factors, deficiency of certain nutrients in diet, Hormonal factors, Stress, etc.
So, it will be better to consult a Dermatologist to find out the exact cause.
Based upon which, appropriate management step could be taken.

2. Snoring is caused due to obstruction in the passage of air during breathing when an individual is sleeping.
So, it will be better to consult an ENT specialist & get a proper physical examination done to find out the exact site of obstruction.
Appropriate management plan can be formulated based on the findings.

Hope I have been able to answer your questions.
Please let me know if you have any further queries.