Had blood test. What are the findings in the report?

sir i have under went a blood test on 31.10.13 after seeing that i have doubt on these following serum cholestrol-213,serum triglycerides-168,serum SGPT-96,Serum SGOT-63,Serm TSH-6.1 so please say you comments on these i am indian my age is 33,weight-99kgs,height-5feet 8 inchs
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Weight reduction of prime importance Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I see that you are over weight and that is the reason why your cholesterol values are also high. For these values lifestyle modification should be tried first before starting on medications. These are my interpretations and suggestion 1. Cholesterol 1. To bring down the cholesterol you should avoid oily food, food XXXXXXX in calories like sweets, bakery items, etc. You food should be XXXXXXX in green leafy vegetables and fruits 2. Avoid alcohol 2. Exercise every single day for minimum of 30 min. Jogging, swimming, cycling are best options for you, it will also help you lose weight 3. Repeat cholesterol after 3 months, if it still remain high a low dose atorvastatin must be started 2. Thyroid What you are suffering from is called 'subclinical hypothyroidism', since you are over weight I suggest you get a free t4 and free t3 levels done. Depending those values you might have to be put on hypothyroid treatment 3. Raised SGPT and SGOT at such levels are usually not of concern, it could be because of fat deposition over the liver called Fatty liver which is causing a slight raise in it. Losing weight should settle it, however please get a HbsAg, anti HCV and ultra sound of the liver done to rule out hepatitis I hope I was of help, if you have further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards