Had blood test. Is the report normal?

Hi. I have high fever (102.9 f).Doctor asked me to get a blood report. Following things are not in normal range in report. 1. Hemoglobin 13.00 g/dl (ref range 13.5 to 18) 2.Total rbc count 4.67 mill/cmm (ref range 4.7 to 6) 3.Haematocrit(P.C.V) 39.9% (ref range 42 to 42) 4.Total wbc count 0000 /cmm (ref range 4000 to 0000) 5.Polymorphs 77% ( ref range 50 to 60) 6. Lymphocytes 17% ( ref range 20 to 40 ) Can you please help me what does it indicates?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Infection... Detailed Answer: Hi, You have a marginally elevated total wbc count with predominant polymorph. This indicates you probably have a bacterial infection. You might need few other tests to confirm the type of infection and causative organism. If I were to be your treating doctor, I would order a urine test, malarial test, widal / blood culture as well as throat examination as first set of tests. You will be started on emperical antibiotic after giving blood samples for further testing. Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards