Ask a Urologist   »  

Had blood in urine with burning sensation only after jogging. Was on antibiotic. What is it?

I had blood in my urine and a burning sensation which lasted about a week. Blood only appeared after jogging. I have no more burning sensation but I did see a tiny bit of blood after a long run 2 days ago. Should I be worried? After the first episode my doctor gave me antibiotics and then checked me and then said that there was no longer any trace of infection in my last blood sample. But then like I said 2 days ago I saw a tiny trace of blood (not like before) in my urine. What do you think is going on? thanks
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Follow-up: Had blood in urine with burning sensation only after jogging. Was on antibiotic. What is it? 1 minute later
My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later
Welcome to the forum.
Please get physically examined to check if the foreskin is tight and if there is any infection there.
If not done yet, please get a ultrasound scan done to check the urinary tract to look for stones/ tumour.
If none of the above are there, there should be no worry.
best regards