Had blood clot in lungs. Getting constant pain in calf muscle. No swelling or redness. Any relief?

I returned from Afghanistan 9 days ago and ever since have had a constant pain in my lower calf muscle. I feel nothing when I sleep or rest but as soon as I stand I feel a very tight pain in the center of the calf, like a cramp but not as severe. It is very tender and is interfering with my running. I have had blood clot before that went into my lungs. There is no swelling redness etc...just pain and I cannot extend normally.
Posted Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As inspection and palpation is required, please get your calf muscles examined by an Orthopaedic Surgeon.

Meanwhile you can take B complex and analgesic anti-inflammatory with muscle relaxant.