Ask a Urologist   »  

Had blood along with sperms. CT/USG of abdomen came normal. Advised to apply Proctosedyl ointment

Two months back i had blood along with my sperms ( Hemoapermia ). Doscutor advice CT/USG abdomen which was normal. Later adive TRUS which was also normal. With CIfran 1 gm antibotics it subsided but i started having severe burning sensation in my anal area as well as when i urinate. Doctor advice Proctosedyl ointment for external application in the anal area. When applied the burning sensation comes down. It is more than 10 days i am applying the ointment. The Urologist adviced to XXXXXXX a Gastroentrologist. Please advice.
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prostatitis and coilitis-------------

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to the forum.
I had a patient look at your reports.
Blood in the semen with burning urine is most probably due to inflammation or infection of the prostate/seminal vesicles.
An extended course of antibiotics for one month is needed BASED on urine culture test ( if not done already).
The urine analysis has shown pus cells and hence urine culture test becomes mandatory.
I cant see any abnormality in the bloods.
Since there is anal burning and the CT has shown evidence of colitis, it is worthwhile proceeding with a opinion from the gastro- enterologist.
Hope this helps.
Best regards