Had bleeding when wiped during periods. Feeling nausea and dizziness. Waiting pregnancy test. Have borderline PCOS. What to expect?

shortly after I had a weird period, which I was only bleeding when I wiped. it lasted one week, it was very light and did get a slight medium but again it was only when I wiped. anyways I do have borderline pcos. a week after my period I'm starting to feel nausea in mornings, never throwing up. At times a little dizzy. I was waiting to do a pregnancy test bc of the fact it could be no. was going to wait till my nxt cycle was due. I was wondering if the nausea and dizziness is from changes in body, I've never had it before, but I hear with pcos you Nevetminf know what to expect.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hormonal changes can cause such symptoms.

Detailed Answer:

It would be easier for me to comment if you can give me some more details about the frequency of your recent cycles, any history of contraception and any other significant things.

With PCOD, it is common to experience hyper-estrogenic states; such states can lead to breakthrough bleeding and also nausea. Yet, I would suggest taking a HPT and also a trans-vaginal sonogram along with an expert consultation. If the HPT is inconclusive, the next step in your case should be the serum beta-hCG titre estimation as this is more sensitive and specific.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please contact for more information. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Had bleeding when wiped during periods. Feeling nausea and dizziness. Waiting pregnancy test. Have borderline PCOS. What to expect? 25 minutes later
I have not taken contraceptions in ten yrs. my cycles are never when they should be but I always have a period a month, starts light to heavy. this month it was a completely different, i was spotting which I thought I was just getting my period. it happened the nxt day as well,then it got to where I was bleeding only when I wipe.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical picture resembles a metropathic cycle.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your feedback.

As per your symptoms, it appears as though you have gone in for a metropathic cycle this time. Here, there is persistent breakthrough bleeding with on and off spotting and bleeding. This happens with hormonal imbalance. Still, please exclude/confirm pregnancy as that is the first concern. If pregnancy is excluded, you should take progesterone supplements to arrest the bleeding and later get properly investigated as you are anxious to conceive.

Please maintain a healthy body weight as hormonal imbalances are corrected spontaneously with weight loss many-a-time. Some form of regular exercise along with a healthy diet is essential.

Hope I have clarified your doubt. Please feel free to contact if you need any more clarifications. I will be ready to help.