Had bleeding then black tarry diarrhea. Taking Lopressor and mulque. Suggestions?

I had 2 days of bleeding then black tarry diahera it only happens when I strain to defecate no pain any where did have XXXXXXX done thru left are into left leg no stents just meds to dissolve blockages on 2 new meds Lopressor and mulque for heart rate shouldn't something hurt if this is bad?
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 43 minutes later

You said you are on medicines to dissolve blockages apart from insulin, lopressor and a third medication. Aspirin, clopidogrel, warfarin and dicoumarol are the group of drugs commonly prescribed when someone is suspected to have arterial blocks.

If you are on any of the aforementioned drugs, then this bleeding can be attributed to it.

As the bleeding is from broken intestinal blood vessels, one doesn't feel pain. However pain less bleeding and black tarry stools is as much concerning as an acute abdominal pain.

I urge you to report this to your doctor immediately. Stool test to confirm presence of blood along with few other blood tests is in order. Some of your medications need to be stopped.

Hope this information suffices. I will be glad to address your other concerns (if any).

Wish you good health...