Had bleeding but not during periods. What could it be?

Hi I am a married guy. My question is my wife's menstrual cycle has stopped since last 7 days. But actual period time every month 1st week(before 5th day of a month). So how can I know whether it's delay in menstrual cycle or confirmation of pregnancy?
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query

The best way to find out if the delay is due to pregnancy is by taking a pregnancy test. There are several home pregnancy tests available in the market-Pregcolor or Velocit. You can take the test at home easily. Use a early morning urine sample. The test will indicate whether there is pregnancy or not. If the test is negative then the delay could be due to hormonal imbalance. Further testing will be required.

Follow-up: Had bleeding but not during periods. What could it be? 5 hours later
I there any medicine to get menses in the case of current position? I heard that mesovit plus can do that. Shall I use it for my wife, if the pregnancy test is positive???

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
get an usg

Detailed Answer:
If the test is positive then you first need to get an ultrasound to confirm. After that if the pregnancy is within 8 weeks, the you will need to see a doctor for medication. Don't take any unsupervised medication.

Let me know if you need clarification.