Ask a Urologist   »  

Had bladder sling surgery. Have lower back pain, abdomen pain and hip pain Related to sling?

Jul 2016

I had a bladder sling put in last year. Now I have bad right lower back pain, right lower quadrant abdomen pain and right hip pain Could this be related to my sling?
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone sling surgery for Stress Incontinence Of Urine last year and now gettnig pain in lower back on left side and Rt hip joint.

This is most unlikely related to sling surgery and could be due to some other cause which needs to be investigated by following tests.
1) Routine Urine test
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out presence of Urinary stones or any pathology in uterus or Ovaries.
3) X XXXXXXX of the Lumbo Sacral Spine and X-ray of Hip Joint. to rule out any orthopaedic cause for pain.

Please consult qualified Gynaecologist for clinical evaluation and get above investigations done under her/his guidance .

Further course of action will be decided by her/him depending upon the results of these tests

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Follow-up: Had bladder sling surgery. Have lower back pain, abdomen pain and hip pain Related to sling? 1 hour later
My uterus was removed when I had my surgery but I still have my ovaries Should I still follow up with a gyn too?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Thanks for follow up.
Your low back pain and pain in lower quadrant of abdomen can be due to adhesions formed in pelvic cavity which is known common complication of pelvic surgery.
Please consult qualified General /Laproscopic surgeon for clinical evaluation.
You may need to undergo laproscopic examination to find out the cause of pain and may need to get adhesionolysis (Excision of adhesions) done .
Thanks and Regards.