Had black spot on foot. Diagnosed as seed wart. Now hard and painful. What to do?

My daughter had a black spot on her foot that bagan to bother her. We took her several months ago to the Dr. He said it was a seed wart and he put something on it that became 2 inches round raised resulting in great pain to walk and a hard spot. In last wk we took her back because it has become harder for her to walk on it and he did the same thing with the same results. My daughter is a swimmer 6 days a wk. 3 hours a day but we did stay out of the water 24 to 48 hours as the Dr directed. Why is this doing that ? and should we do something else? The original was just a black dot and now it is 11/2 to 2 inches hard painful surface.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
She is probably suffering from plantar wart.
It is a viral infection.
Your doctor must be putting an acid called as TCA to burn it.
The best treatment for this condition is slight cutting of the superficial skin and application of TCA daily.
It may take months for the lesion to heal.
Another important thing is rest.
Ask her to walk as minimum as possible for next 15 days, this will help in faster healing.
If possible upload a photograph so I can give a closer diagnosis.
Thank you