Had bilateral mastectomy without reconstruction. How to get rid of excessive breast tissue?

Excellent

Question
I had bilateral mastectomy without reconstruction a few months ago and I am completely healed. However, I have left over breast tissue sticking out on both sides of my body near my underarms which prevent me from putting my arms down. I can neither sleep on either side as it is painful. I've had two consults with my surgeon and he says there is nothing more he can do. I look so terribly deformed and this is not the trade off I was expecting. I wish he had informed me about this prior to surgery. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this excessive breast tissue. I've called several surgeons and they are hesitant to go in after another surgeon has completed his work. I am absolutely at wit's end. Can you please get back to me soon. Thank you for being here!! XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 7 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
In your case best choice is to find Specialized Esthetic- Plastic Surgery Clinic, where I am sure they will find solutions for you. Now with modern technologies and technics in plastic surgery , they definitely will find method to make an esthetic reconstruction.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail

Follow-up: Had bilateral mastectomy without reconstruction. How to get rid of excessive breast tissue? 7 hours later
I think you took the fast route out of town on this one! I have also inquired of plastic surgeons and they tell me they do not do this kind of surgery. You mentioned reconstruction - there was to be and will not be reconstruction. I just had flat out bilateral with NO reconstruction. Not happy with your reply.

Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 15 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
I was not aware that you have consulted plastic surgeons as well. In your description you just mentioned about your surgeon and several others but didn’t mentioned about esthetic/plastic surgery specialist. You have to continue your search despite so many surgeons told you that there nothing they can do.
Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail