Had beers. Will my blood alcohol level be affected after having a cervical steroid spine injection?

After having several beers then having my blood drawn in my arm will my blood alcohol level be affected (be higher) after having a cervical steroid spine injection? Would this procedure somehow effect the blood alcohol level?
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 21 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
If you have consumed the beers within the last 48 hours then there is high possibility that your blood would detect alcohol levels, more so if you have consumed more and if you are not regular drinker.
Alcohol can get excreted faster if you take lots of fluids to flush it, but this also should be not attempted because it can lead to potomania symptoms- hyponatremia and seizures.
The cervical steroid spine injection will not change the pharmacokinetics of the alcohol that is would not affect it either side.
I hope that answers your query.
If you have any doubts still you can put up a follow up query.