Had been treated for typhoid. Had fever and weakness. Done Widal test. Findings?

Hello Doctor,
My husband's current widal test results are TYPHI O 1 in 160,H 1 in 80, AH 1 in 20 and BH 1 in 20.
He had typhoid last september and he took antibiotics.
Last week he has had fever, now he does not have fever but he feel weak.
Should he take antibiotics for typhoid again. Thanks
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Prasad 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I wouldn't start antibiotic...

Detailed Answer:

As far as Widal test is concerned, it isn't a specific test to diagnose typhoid. Further H titre signifies an active infection than O titre.

In your husband's case, if he has no fever for the last couple of days, there is no need to start antibiotics. Weakness could be due to the recent infection. This post infection weakness will settle down with adequate rest, plenty of fluids, green fruits and vegetables. You can start him on multivitamin pills once a day for a week or two to help him recover.
I do not think there is a need to give him antibiotics.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.