Had barium sulphate MRI scan. How quickly the barium will be expelled from the body?

Hi I have just had a barium sulphate mri scan can you please tell me how quickly the barium is expelled from the body?
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
In 1-2 days

Detailed Answer:
Barium is excreted through stools. Usually 1-2 days are sufficient to eliminate it completely. Clearance is affected by bowel transit times. In case of constipation, a laxative may help.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any further followup queries.
Follow-up: Had barium sulphate MRI scan. How quickly the barium will be expelled from the body? 6 minutes later
And the die that they inject how long does that take to be expelled by the body? And these mri scans do they show all the glands in the body as well as all the XXXXXXX organs?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX is eliminated in few hours after the injection

Detailed Answer:
and yes the mri shows all the glands and XXXXXXX organs in the part scanned.