Had bald patches on head. Applied HH sone. Hair started regrowing but its itchy sometimes. Normal?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
thanx for your response
i was 21 when i first found 2 bald patches on my scalp
i concerned a doctor and he gave me a cream called "HH sone" to apply locally at night. after around 1 month of usage my hairs start regrowing at that area.
now hairs have grown at that area properly.. i feel some itching there sometimes. is it normal?
its been 1.5 years now but my hairs are not strong. they come off from routes very quickly. and my hairs are very thin.
My mom has problem of arthritis and soriasis.
and also please what zig zag pattern is exactly.
i feel some hair loss above my right ear. is that due to the use of mobile phone and alopecia areata?
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 35 minutes later

Bald patches on scalp most commonly indicate alopecia aerata.

It is an autoimmune disorder ( formation of antibodies against ones own body structures)

In this condition antibodies are formed against hair follicles and hence they are destroyed.

There is no permanent cure to this but can be treated symptomatically.

Slight itch is normal, dont worry about that.

If there is dfiffuse loss of hair, you can use minoxidil oil.

Use of mobile phone is not associated with hair loss, It may be alopecia areata.

I would like to see a photograph of your scalp to give a closer diagnosis.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. You can also send the reports/ image to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as 'ATTN: Dr. Rahul Kumar'."

Waiting for your response.

Thank you

Follow-up: Had bald patches on head. Applied HH sone. Hair started regrowing but its itchy sometimes. Normal? 18 hours later
please tell what di you exactly mean by diffused hairloss?
also tell if this oil is available in india or not?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 7 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for the follow up.

Diffuse thinning means loss of hair through out scalp and not from a single patch.

The cause of loss of hair in patch is different from diffuse thinning and hence the treatment for both is also different.

Yes, the oil is easily available in India.
It is available over the counter in most of the chemist shops.
Ask for 2 % minoxidil oil.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Had bald patches on head. Applied HH sone. Hair started regrowing but its itchy sometimes. Normal? 23 hours later
Thanx for the reply.
i want to know how long does this diffused hair loss lasts.. and is this a common type of AA in my age? iam 22.5 years old

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for follow up.

Diffuse hair loss can present at any age. In females it presents usually in 30's

AA (alopecia aerata) is an autoimmune condition and does not have an age distribution. It can present anytime from childhood to old age.

However both the conditions are reversible, there will not be permanent hair loss.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Follow-up: Had bald patches on head. Applied HH sone. Hair started regrowing but its itchy sometimes. Normal? 2 hours later
thanx for your valuable response.
i will visit a doctor soon

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 28 minutes later
You are most welcome.

I would appreciate if you can close this discussion and leave your feed backs, if you have no more questions.

Wish you good luck!!