Had bad gut attack due to food allergies. Allergic to wine and milk products. White coated tongue, sore eyes. What to do?

Hello just looking for an answer to a pretty bad gut attack, due to food allergies. It is Sunday here, and I need to know what to do to ease the attack. I am allergic to wine and bread and milk products, I am usually on a strict diet but went nuts yesterday at a restaurant, and the result was the usually allergic reactions wtih inflamed gut, white coated tongue, sore eyes, and achey feelings. Stool is diarrea.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

For allergies to foods, the mainstay of treatment is to avoid the trigger foods and to use anti-allergics like Benadryl syrup etc.

For the diarrhea, recommendations are to manage on the same lines as for diarrhea due to other causes. Thus my recommendation is as follows:
- Drink Oral Rehydration solutions like pedialyte or gatorade after each bout of stools or as needed (guided by the thirst)
- Drink pure water (filtered by the technique of reverse osmosis -available as bottled water)
- Take soft or liquid diet till the inflamed gut subsides. Avoid raw and dry foods like meat, raw vegetables, etc. Take hygienic and properly cooked food.
- Avoid tablet form of medicines as these may get stuck.

I think this should help until you see your doctor.

Dr Vaishalee