Had bad cough, tightness in throat and breathing is constricted. Suggest the medication?

General Surgeon
I have had a bad cough and now my throat feels very tight and my breathing constricted. Should I go to the hospital? It is not a panic attack. I actually feel fine other than not being able to get a good solid breath.
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Asthma attack.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms seem to be caused by asthma disease. This condition very often associates GERD. Its main reason is airwaves hypersensitivity.
Asthma characteristic symptoms are cough especially during the night, airwaves constriction. It can be triggered by physical activity. Allergy to many factors (like dust) can be also present with asthma.
If you do smoke, similar to asthma diseases called COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ) can be the reason.

If you have fever, lungs infection is also possible.

I suggest you to visit pulmunologist, have physical examination and spirometry (blow test) done. If you feel fine right now, no urgent visit is necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.