Had back surgery, triple heart surgery, brain anuerism and throid surgery. Put me on Lido and betamval. Also taking Vesicare. Suggest?

Mar 2013
Recently the Dr started me on 30gm lido/aloe/betamval 2% 1%0.1%-to be used 3 times a day, Also taking Vesicare 10 mg a day. Prior to this I used Estrace 3 times a week-almost cleared the problem but not quite.Now it seems worse As I said this has been going on for more than a year.
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.
Would you please elaborate the problem that you are facing, as that does not appear in this query ??
I would be glad to assist you.
At 82, due to hormonal imbalance, and dryness of the tissues, you would face local skin problems in the vagina and genital area.
Estrace cream can be safely used for the same if it provided you relief. You can resume the same, after clearance from your cardiologist , as you have had cardiac issues, which can be worsened by estrogen, however local therapy is less risky.
The combination of Lido and Aloe plus betamval is also something that can be concurrently used on a daily basis.
Also, do not overtly or vigorously rub or traumatize the local areas, as that would exacerbate the problems.
Try and exercise in moderation everyday, and have a good nutritious diet.
Taking Vitamin C and Vitamin E supplements will also help.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Follow-up: Had back surgery, triple heart surgery, brain anuerism and throid surgery. Put me on Lido and betamval. Also taking Vesicare. Suggest? 4 hours later
I have been rubbing the area as it does itch quite badly when I'm in bed I guess. Don't notice it quite as bad in the daytime. It's difficult to get in & out of a bathtub, but will try to bathe more than shower. Is this a good idea??
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Make sure you apply the ointment before you sleep, will help to prevent itching while sleeping.
Wear pajamas or underclothes that will make it difficult for you to reach the area and itch subconsciously at night.
Do not risk getting in and out of a bathtub at this age, you might slip and break some bones which wont heal then.
It is better to shower, that wont make a difference.
Take care, dear.