Had back surgery and lower back spinal fusion. Causing nerve damage. Suggested to replace the disc. What to do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
is back surgery to correct nerve damage caused by lower back disc
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 48 minutes later
Hello and Welcome to XXXXXXX

If you have severe back pain due to degenerative disc which causes compression over nerve root and there is no benefit from conservative treatment like physiotherapy, lumbar traction or epidural injections at back, surgery is advisable to relief the compression of nerve from degenerative disc.

I suggest you to go for a recent MRI and discuss with your spinal surgeon and plan it according to that.

There is a feature to upload images and report. If you wish, you can upload your reports so that I can help you in better way.

Hope this helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Dr Saurabh Gupta.