Had back surgery. Took hydrocodon, gabapenten, diazepam. Felling depressed. What to do?

had back surgery about 8-9 weeks ago and took pain meds throughout while tapering the hydrocodon/gabapenten/diazepam down to basically Aleve by itself along with Ibuprofin..I am finding myself somewhat feeling down to nearly depressed. Is this normal.Is there something i can do. My pain level now on a scale of 1-10 is around a constant 2-3.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

It is common to have mild down feelings after surgery.

But let me know if you have
-Constant sadness of mood
- Decreased interest in any pleasurable activities.
- Disturbed sleep and appetite pattern.
- Excessive unexplained or vague pain.
- Irritation.

If these symptoms are present, you should consult psychiatrist for evaluation for depression.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.