Had back surgery. Feeling light headed. What should I do?

Husband had back surgery last Friday. Came home Sunday. Has felt so-so. This morning is feeling light headed like he could faint. blood pressure seem ok, but has a temperature of 95.8. What should we do?
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Be calm for now.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

A temperature of 95.8 is no major worry. But you should be watchful for the temperature. It becomes a problem if it goes below 95. It would be interesting to keep him warm and actually take the body temperature at least thrice daily. Low temperatures could signify an infection or defective temperature control mechanisms. He might have to be kept real warm.

With a normal blood pressure, I would suggest you stay calm, keep him warm ,monitor his temperature and give him a balanced diet and simply observe. It is not unusual to experience some position adaptation problems after surgery, and this usually fades out within a few days.

I suggest you stay calm and observe. However, if body temperature falls further, and fainting symptoms become more intense and severe, it might be necessary to get him reevaluated by his physician.

For now, I think you should be calm and observe. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.