Had attached fitness score report. What are the findings?

I had attached my fitness score report to my profile. I would like to understand more information specified in the report.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX and thanks for using this forum to address your health concerns.

I am Dr. Chobufo Ditah, a general physician. I will be helping you today to discuss about this fitness report.

I am happy your are conscious enough about your health to get this fitness evaluation and get it well interpreted. Keep up.

Your weight is too much for your height (BMI of 26.6) the normal range is 18.5-25. This is also reflected in the increased body fats, waist hip-ratio(waist circumference/hip circumference), and decreased basal metabolic rate(how active your cells are at rest). According to this report, you are overweight. Your maximum acceptable weight should be 76.6kg. Minerals, body water, protein, and muscle mass are grossly normal.

What is the implication:
Excess weight is associated with many diseases like hypertension, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, heart attacks and kidney diseases, stroke etc. This is even more concerning when it is more of Fat mass than lean body mass(muscles) as it is the case with you. Also, arthritis and chronic backache are always associated with excess weight.

For these reasons, we recommend that you keep your weight within the accepted range to help prevent these illnesses. Excess fat, especially around the belly as is the case with you is major risk factor for the development of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes mellitus with is accompanying short and long term complications.

Over all, it is an acceptable report. With some more efforts, you can make it better.

The main thing to do is to cut down on your weight by approximately 5 kgs and do physical exercise on a more regular basis(most days of the week).

To achieve this, please control your caloric intake, increase your level of physical activity(walking, taking the stairway and not the lift, parking further from the office, brisk walking etc). Also avoid consuming over fatty foods. Please, try and limit your daily consumption of sugared drinks and alcohol as they dramatically increase your daily caloric intake without you really realizing this.

If you find it difficult achieving this weight loss, you may want to XXXXXXX and discuss with a dietitian. I am also willing to help you achieve this goal if you have difficulties doing this all by yourself.

I hope this answers your question. If there any any concerns or specifics that you may have, I will be more than happy to help.

Wish you good health.