Had asthma and its is cured. Have sinus in throat and voice is degrading with eating problem. Advise?

ENT Specialist
Question
I have asthma before two years and its is cured I have sinus in my throat and my voice worsens and I can't eat food faster and more plzzzzz...... Help for this problem.
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chr.Laryngitis, Allergy/Sinusitis/PND, Acid Reflux

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Get a videolaryngoscopy done. The possibilities are a post-nasal drip (PND) of mucus due to nasal allergy or sinusitis and acid reflux together causing a chronic laryngitis. The signs of these should show up on the images or video which you can upload here.

2. It will also help if you can get a plain Sinus CT Scan and a Chest X-ray done.

3. You can request a local doctor to start an anti-allergic mucolytic (such as Tablet Relent OD once a day), a steroid nasal spray (such as Nasonex-mometasone), regular steam inahlation, a medicated gargle (such as Tantum) and an anti-reflux medication (such as Rezol-rabeprazole 20 mg once a day, half an hour before breakfast).

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Had asthma and its is cured. Have sinus in throat and voice is degrading with eating problem. Advise? 24 minutes later
Doctor can you recommend any medicines for removal of sinus

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As above

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Yes, I already have in my previous answer. Relent OD, Nasonex, Steam, Tantum , Rezol. However you should take these only under the supervision of a local doctor.

2. The Nasal Sinuses are unique in that they cannot be removed as in most surgical techniques. The aim of the medical and surgical techniques is to restore ventilation of air which then heal slowly over a period of time.

3. Get the above investigations done at the earliest and revert.

Regards.

Follow-up: Had asthma and its is cured. Have sinus in throat and voice is degrading with eating problem. Advise? 5 minutes later
can you tell me how to use those medicines are those medicines available without medical prescription

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medication details

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

1. As mentioned before, all these are once a day including the nasal spray for at least two weeks.

2. You may not get all of these without a prescription.

3. Since there is no direct examination, investigations or tests done, some findings may be missed. Hence I would urge you to consult a doctor before using these medications. Side effects of these medications may go unnoticed by you. Your doctor may use these medications as guidelines and prescribe similar medications.

Regards.

Follow-up: Had asthma and its is cured. Have sinus in throat and voice is degrading with eating problem. Advise? 3 minutes later
can yoga cure sinusitis? if it can how much time it take.

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No harm in doing yoga exrecises

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

1. There are no controlled studies to prove that yoga can cure sinusitis.

2. However, pranayam, yoga exercises and saline nasal irrigation will improve the ventilation of the sinuses as mentioned above and ultimately lead to a decrease in the sinusitis. Allergy has no cure, it can only be controlled.

Regards.