Had asd closure. Feeling dizzy, chest pain and back pain. BP and sugar level normal. Any heart problem?

My mother had an ASD closure(device) three years ago..from a past few days she feels dizzy, tired, sometimes pain near the chest area and is also having back ache...her BP and blood sugar are normal...Is it anything to do with the heart or is just because of heat etc...please advise...
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing your query here.

As per the description of the clinical symptoms, I consider it better to get an ECG and 2D-ECHO to find out any problem with the heart after discussing with your physician. But when I consider the clinical symptoms the pain seems to be non-cardiac. The origin of pain is possibly from the muscles i.e myalgic pain.

Also since she is in her sixties, there is possibility of lumbar spine degeneration that may be the cause for back pain.

But any way at this age better we should rule out any cardiac issues. Consult your treating physician.

If you need any further clarification write us back.