Had appendectomy done. Now started shaking and found carcinoma tumor. Any cure?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hello...I had an appendectomy. The pathology report said I had a carcinoma tumor. Then I had a right sided hemi colectomy. It has been two and half months now. If I eat a lot of fiber, cereal or raw Vegs I hurt and I am so sore from my belly button down. I feel as though I have done 100 sit ups. And trapped gas also...I have also noticed I get the shakes since this surgery. The scare is tender a lot and I just thought it would be better.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 24 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Some amount of pain may stay on for 3 to 4 months after surgery.

Can cut down on fibers if you are uncomfortable. That may increase the gas sensation, instead take mild laxative live liquid paraffin available over-the-counter to relieve constipation if any. Check if you have fever and get yourself evaluated if you have any. Shakes could be due to fever or fatigue. If you have significant pain or vomiting then need to see a doctor. Scar tenderness and pain may take some time to settle.

Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Had appendectomy done. Now started shaking and found carcinoma tumor. Any cure? 25 minutes later
Is it normal to have some pain where my lymph nodes were removed in my lower right side...One more question. I'm in two months of the hemicolectomy, and I was moving some furniture. Could that make my stomach sore...I feel like I did just after surgery.

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 10 hours later

Thank you for the query,

Removal of lymph node is unlikely to be the cause of any pain. It will be similar to any surgical procedural pain.

After surgery doing heavy work, lifting weights may cause stitches to stretch and give pain cause soreness. So avoid heavy works till 6 months after major surgery.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Wish you a speedy recovery...

Follow-up: Had appendectomy done. Now started shaking and found carcinoma tumor. Any cure? 1 hour later
I moved furniture. Do u think i pulled something...

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 9 hours later

Well, it might have caused some stretch but unlikely to damage / pull anything.

If some stretch has occurred, it should settle with time. See your doctor if severe symptoms persist.

Best wishes..